This is Darwin PC‘s completed Project Aether. Fully watercooled crossfire gaming PC system in a Corsair 450D case. Intel i5-4690K CPU, Crossfire XFX AMD R9 290X GPU, with 16GB HyperX Fury DDR3 RAM.
The full custom watercooling loop is constructed using water blocks, D5 pump/reservoir and fittings from EK Water Blocks.
This custom computer also features colour-matched sleeved blue cables and custom sprayed blue Corsair SP120 case fan rings. Cable management required careful planning both in the front and rear of the case, with the carbon fibre PSU shroud neatly concealing the lower cabling.
The battlestation has dual monitors, including the Korean QNIX QX2710 PLS LED 1440p, which is overclocked to 110 Hz refresh rate.
Project Aether: hardware
- Case: Corsair 450D
- Motherboard: MSI Z97 G55 SLI
- CPU: Intel i5-4690k
- GPU: 2x XFX R9 290X
- Memory: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Fury
- PSU: Corsair RM1000
Project Aether: watercooling components
- GPU blocks: EK-FC R9-290X – Acetal (Rev.2.0)
- Pump/reservoir: EK-XRES 100 D5 Vario (incl. pump)
- CPU block: EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ – Acetal
- GPU backplates: EK-FC R9-290X Backplate – Black
- Other: EK-FC Terminal DUAL Serial 3-Slot
- Fittings: EK-ACF Fitting 10/16mm – Black
- Fittings: EK-AF Angled 90° G1/4 Black
- Fittings: EK-AF Angled 45° G1/4 Black
- Radiators: 280 mm and 360 mm slim rads