I began work on the case modding for Project Hades. The first task was to invert the ATX motherboard in the Cooler Master MasterCase Maker 5.
Here’s the case during stripping down, with most of the panels removed.
Most of the removable modules use these retained thumbscrews, which I find pretty useful for not losing the things.
This is the fan and LED controller on the back.
All parts removed from the case.
The case completely stripped down.
Checking the placement of the motherboard within the case.
Starting to drill out rivets. I had originally planned to completely disassemble each section, but then decided to keep the middle section intact, and remove the top and bottom sections then swap them over.
Removing rivets from the corner brackets.
Bottom section removed.
Top section removed.
Checking alignment for reassembly.
There was a lip in the middle of the top section that prevented the corner joints from lining up.
I cut off the lip with the Dremel.
Here is the top section in place.
On test fitting the IO panel, I found it was blocked by another lip on the front section.
This part was also removed.
Edges cleaned up ready for the IO panel.
The IO panel now fits perfectly.